Ten easy steps. Here’s how it works:
1. The first thing we do is get to know each other. I treat each book as if it were my own. The process should be fun and personal.
2. We’ll discuss every detail of the book so that I can provide an accurate quote* and realistic deadline expectations. Once
approved, the fun begins
3. You’ll send me a copy of the book and any images/files needed for the initial design. I will create a title page, chapter
opening, and enough text pages to show all major elements of the book.
4. Once the design is approved, I’ll proceed with the build of the book. I’ll then send you a first-pass pdf for proofing.
5. You’ll send me back any changes/corrections you’d like to make. You can send me a marked-up proof, a marked-up pdf, or
an itemized list of corrections.
6. I’ll make the changes and send you a second-pass pdf for review. We’ll continue this process until you are 100% happy
with the book.
7. Once approved, I’ll either upload all files to your printer’s FTP site (or the printer can retrieve them from my FTP
site) or I’ll package everything and FedEx direct to the printer. The package will contain a print-ready pdf, InDesign files, fonts, images, along with prepress/pagination info and a
set of laser proofs.
8. When you receive the printer’s proof, I’ll be on hand to make any changes you need and I’ll send the printer
necessary replacement pages.
9. Before you know it, books will be on your desk and selling like hotcakes (does anyone still say hotcakes?)!
10. It’s fun, it’s easy, and it’s hassle-free, and I’ll be here along the way, providing any help and support
you might need.
*Unless there are huge changes to the project, my quote will be my fee.
I do not charge for changes or corrections. So, you can set your budget and rest easy knowing your costs are not going to change throughout the
course of the project.